Not the official title, mind you. But, as previously speculated, FLASHPOINT IS PRETTY FRIGGIN BIG, and the entire DC Universe is going back to #1 starting this September, as officially revealed to USAToday. The first book out of the gate? Justice League #1, by the incredible team of Geoff Johns and Jim Lee. Some important points?
- This doesn’t sounds like a renumbering … it sounds like a RESTART. Specifically noted is that Lee redesigned over 50 characters, and that characters will be reimagined with more modern takes.
- Per Dan Didio, “This was a chance to start, not at the beginning, but at a point where our characters are younger and the stories are being told for today’s audience.”
- DC is going LINEWIDE Day-And-Date digital distribution.
- There will be 52 first issues in September.
- DC has no current plans to undo this change. This is for real.
I would like to note how young Superman looks (actually, they all do) in the graphic above from the new JL title. Perhaps younger and unmarried? Just sayin…suck it Wayne! 🙂